Thursday, January 8, 2009

A lot of updating!!!

Sorry, there will be no pictures in this post - I will upload them all to here tonight! :-)

A lot has happened since I last blogged! WOW! Where do I begin!

Christmas Eve / Day - Christmas was great in the Lawson house! Jenna was so much fun this year! She got SO excited the days leading up! All throughout December, we talked about Santa and about Christmas. Christmas Eve was great, we had it at our house, my parent's, Steph and the kids (poor Brian had to work and when Jenna found out, she got really sad, but Uncle Brian made up for it by giving her a call! Cheered her right up!), my Aunt and her boyfriend, my cousin and his girlfriend and then later on, my other cousin and his wife. It was just really nice to have the whole family over! Christmas Day was a blast, of course Jenna got spoiled and loved EVERYTHING that Santa got for her! I can't complain either, Tom/Jenna/Santa got me a GPS (which I'm TOTALLY geeking over) and a beautiful vanity for our bedroom. My parents were there in the morning and then later on that day, Tom's parent's came over for dinner. All around it was just a great day!

New Year's Eve / Day - Pajama Jam was back on this year!!! We had a great turnout, a ton of food, and an engagement!! The night started out by everyone coming, playing rockband and just hanging out. Everyone brought some kind of dish, snack, so we had a ton of food! Thank God for Tom's cousin Steph, she offered to watch the kids for Steph so she could come! She couldn't miss this one, one of my best friends (who we've known since we were young!) got engaged!! It was awesome, right when the ball dropped, everyone said their Happy New Years and then all eyes were on them (a lot of us knew what was going to happen), camera's ready! He got down on one knee and did it! Of course her reaction was "OHMYGOD! Are you serious?!? What are you doing?!? Are you serious?!?" and the tears were flowing! She couldn't believe it! Then...we nailed them with Silly String! HA! They were COVERED! Poor girl couldn't stop crying, even afterwards, she cried for a good 45 minutes! It was great, we couldn't be happier for the two of them!

Potty Training - Oh, where to begin! We've been potty training Jenna now for a LONG time. It all started when she was about one and a half, she had interest in the potty, so we bought her one and she went from there! Since then, we've dealt with underwear boycotts, pull ups, and then the interest of the potty going away completely. Our method was to not force it on her, it'll happen when it happens, but to let it get to a certain point before we put her in underwear all the time, no more pull ups. That time has come. She's been in underwear all the time now for almost a month and it's going pretty good! Of course she has her accidents, but for the most part, she's doing great with it! At school, she has no accidents - I'm guessing because kids are going potty all day long there and she wants to be just like them. When she's at home, she tends to forget that she has underwear on, so she has accidents. But she only has 1-2 a day, the rest of the day, she does great! No pooping in the potty yet, but she's getting there. She hates that I have to throw out her underwear when she poops, I'm sorry, I'm not scrubbing! LOL!! LOL!! So, the potty training continues!

The Twin's 4th Birthday - My wonderful neices are turning 4 this Saturday!!! I can't believe that they are 4 already! I remember the day that they were born when we had them on the hospital bed, side by side, just going crazy with taking pictures! They've grown so much and they are so different with their personalities - it's amazing! We're looking forward to spending their birthdays with them!

Jenna's 3rd Birthday - *gulp* Jenna's birthday is coming up on the 24th, I can't believe she's going to be 3! Where the hell did the time go?!? Her birthdays are always hard for me, I guess because she's growing up so fast! 1st birthday, forget it, I cried and couldn't see the candles when it was time to blow them out. 2nd birthday, did much better, only cried a little bit and no one saw. 3rd birthday, hoping that I'm better this year and won't cry at all! HA! But I'll keep you posted on that.

To everyone, sorry this took so long, but Happy New Year! Here's to a great 2009!

No comments: