Thursday, June 5, 2008

*singing* Playin' in the rain!!!



Last night was a VERY interesting night! *Sidenote - this may be long! LOL!


Tom recently cut down a lot of trees in our backyard. So, with talking to Christina, she asked for the wood that came from those trees because she has a fire pit and needs wood. Cool! We were glad to give it to her! Yesterday's forecast called for severe thunderstorms, hail, etc. Tom wanted to take the wood over to Chris yesterday but I told him that he should wait. Tom, being the stubborn man that he is, wanted to go anyway.

As I'm dealing with a child that doesn't want her poopy pull-up changed, Tom is calling me on the house phone and Chris is calling me on my cell phone. I'm trying to give directions to Tom and tell Chris when Tom is going to be there. Meanwhile, Jenna is trying to run off with poop stuck to her butt. The night was not starting off right.

Wait...it gets better...

Finally, I change Jenna and I get another call. It's Tom. "Babe...I have a slight problem. I got a flat and I'm going to need you to bring my jack and tire iron." GEEEZUS! Of course, I'm still dealing with a screaming child, so I don't hear where he says that the stuff is, so I go towards his parent's house. I'm on the phone with him and he goes "NO! ITS IN THE BASEMENT!!!" Shit, why would it be there when it should be in his trunk?!?!?

Wait....it gets even better...

Its now starting to drizzle. I'm thinking that this is going to be a fabulous night! I get to where Tom is and there he is, standing on the side of the road. He gets the jack and tire iron out and I tell him that I'm going to wait until he's done and then go, that way he can use my headlights to see. He proceeds to jack up the truck and take the tire off, but the bolts are stuck. Insert rain. He's struggling and trying to get it off, so he yells to me to call my Dad and see if he'll come up and help him. I start to dial and he signals to me that he got it. Whew!

Even better...

Now it's starting to torrential downpour. Tom goes to get the spare tire off, which for those of you who don't know, the spare tire on trucks are underneath the cab - so you have to go through the license plate with this long tool to get it. Tom is struggling, struggling, flipping off the sky, muttering words that I'm glad Jenna couldn't hear. He then tells me to call my Dad because since he has a truck, he'll help. I call him and on his way he comes!

He pulls up about 10 minutes later, gets out of the truck with an umbrella! LOL! It was too cute! Tom looks at him like "An umbrella man?!?" LMAO! For the next hour, they went back and forth struggling to get this spare off. Meanwhile, sheets of rain are coming down, thunder, lightening, the whole 9 yards. Tom and my Dad are seriously struggling, they go back and forth from my Dad's truck to my father-in-law's truck trying to find out what the issue is! At one point, Tom had me call his parent's to see if his Dad could come and help!

It's getting better, huh?

Finally, they sit in my father-in-law's truck and I can tell that they are trying to figure something out! Here, they are reading the manual!!! Two men reading a manual for a truck!! BWAH!! Finally, I see them get out of the truck, pop the hood and pull out this long ass tool. Here, it's what they should have used to get the spare out!!! I called Tom's Dad and told him nevermind, they got it!

Now, keep in mind, I have Jenna with me the whole time, so it's as if we're watching a show!! Luckily, she had cereal and juice with her, so they provided the entertainment for us!!!

They finally get the tire out, change it and get it all done!!! FINALLY!!! Then, my Dad leaves and I tell Tom to just go home, he can take care of the wood today (which he did). So, 2 hours later and a soaked rat of a husband later, we're on our way home.

The best is yet to come....

We pull up to the house...and it stops raining. I'm telling you, Karma is a bitch and she bites hard!! As you all know, I KNOW THIS!!!! We all couldn't stop laughing and my Dad even called and was laughing about it all too!!!! Then, Tom calls his Dad and you know what he says? "What have I always taught you...all it takes is for you to just read and the answer is right there." and he's right!! That's all Tom had to do was read!!!

Lesson learned, stay home when it's going to rain. HA!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

It wouldn't be so funny but I know Tom and I can hear him now as if I were there with you and by the way Rob never reads directions then gets pissed so I step in take 10 seconds to READ the directions and get whatever the hell it is done!

MEN!

Stephanie said...

ROFLMAO! OMG THIS IS THE FUNNIEST STORY. IF THEY ONLY WOULD HAVE READ THE MANUAL LOL

The Harvey's said...

yes, i seriously just pissed my pants!!!!!

Amy said...

It was classic!! Like I said, never in my life did I ever think I would EVER see 2 grown men reading a manual on how to change a tire! LOL!